Hoża 42 is the heart of Warsaw's City Centre. The first properties were set out in 1766. The street’s name derives from the Polish adjective “hoże” which people used to refer to the gardens established in the neighbourhood. In the years 1894–1895, the gynecologist Apolinary Thieme erected this splendid townhouse. The early-20th century tenants of the townhouse included Stefan Jabłkowski, who established a joint stock company there on 21st December 1912 for the Jabłkowski Brothers’ “Dom Towarowy” investment in Bracka Street. Similar townhouses were mostly burnt down in the Warsaw Uprising and dismantled after the Second World War.
The original division of floors 1–3 into 4 flats per floor will be kept, but every apartment will be customized to meet individual requirements. The original tiled stoves, cornicing, floors and internal doors will be kept and restored.
On floors 1–3, there will be 12 apartments with surface areas ranging from 65 to 200 square metres, with ceiling height ranging from 3.20 to 3.65 metres. Four new penthouses will be provided on the 4th and on the 5th floor, with surface areas of 80 to 350 square metres. The ceiling height there will range from 3.30 to 7.80 metres. The two largest penthouses will come with a terrace with a surface area of 50 to 100 square metres. Each apartment may come with a fireplace or a tiled stove. We propose three different interior decoration concepts to choose from for each of the apartments. All the systems installed in the apartments will be in up to present-day standards. Electricity, heating as well as hot and cold water will be provided from the municipal networks. Each flat will also be fitted with a customized air-conditioning system.
Construction of the townhouse at 42 Hoża Street has begun in April the 20th, 2016. The investment is planned to be completed, with the apartments ready to move in, by the end of 2017. One extra storey will be added to the townhouse, as well as an attic. The whole eastern facade has been redesigned. Dormer windows will also appear.The renovated, original wrought iron gate from 1894 will lead to the building’s reception area. In the old days, horse cabs used to pass there, but soon it is going to be the grand entrance, adorned with original sculptures. The floor will be paved with vitrified clay tiles, while the walls and ceilings will be decorated with cornicing. From the reception, we will enter the stairwell with a lift, or the courtyard. The courtyard will be a unique garden with trees, bushes and seasonal flowers. It will lead to yet another stairwell with a lift. On the ground floor there will be a swimming pool, a gym, and a lounge, all of them overlooking the garden. The interior decor of both stairwells will be based on the genuine architectural details. The banisters, stairs, entrance doors to the apartments as well as the windows with the restored stained glass, flooring and landings will all resemble the original decorations. Under the courtyard and in the deepened cellars there will be a garage with 24 parking spaces, connected directly to the lifts (access to the garage is possible with a ramp from Hoża Street). Electricity delivered to all the common spaces will come from from photovoltaic panels.